Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Humor in a stupid world

Those who know me well, know that I find humor in the oddest places. Occasionally even in horrific circumstances. Ask any EMS personnel and they'll tell you that most of the people they rescue are in the predicament because of their own stupidity or the stupidity of someone else. I guess that's why I'm a huge fan of the Darwin awards. Those people that have taken themselves out of the gene pool, I thank you. That having been said here are a few news stories that have made me laugh.

In N.Y. a man was attacked by a Siberian tiger. A story similar to the 2 brothers that were attacked by the tiger in San Francisco in 2007. Authorities believe alcohol was involved (it usually is). It seems this genius had a few and decided to break into the zoo and climb into the tiger enclosure. Now I've been intoxicated a time or 2. I've picked fights because I was drunk. But I have never drunk or sober, thought climbing into an enclosure with an animal 6 times my weight and capable of killing and eating me was a good idea. Yet, here is this guy who is sober enough to scale an 8 foot cyclone fence topped with razor wire, then climb another fence into the tiger compound. Sounds like a suicide attempt to me I say let the tiger eat him.

Here's a place you don't want to be known as a player. A Saudi court just sentenced a man to 5 years in prison and 1000 lashes for bragging about his sexual conquests on TV. They also shut down the Lebanese Broadcasting Corporation that ran the piece for "promoting vice". Follow me on this, you live in a country that is ruled by Sharia law. This makes it illegal to have "premarital" sex and unrelated people of the opposite sex are not allowed to mingle. (I guess if you are related it's like living in Mississippi, but that's another blog.)
So you decide to go on TV and confess? I guess this kind of stupid would make police work a whole lot easier.

No joke: College removes zombie plan from site.
So you have your emergency preparedness plan right?
Extra food, water, medicine an evacuation plan for your home.
Ready for Earthquake? Check. Tornado? Check. Flood? Check. Zombies? HUH?
That's right I said Zombies. The University of Florida actually had a plan on their website for disaster recovery which detailed how the school could respond to an outbreak of the undead. The link was taken down late Thursday afternoon. The exercise lays out the university's response to attacks by "flesh-eating, apparently life impaired individuals." It notes that a zombie outbreak might include "documentation of lots of strange moaning." Although it was written with a "little bit" of levity it "really didn't belong on the site" according to a University spokesman.

Lastly, police in Slidell, Louisiana are looking for a naked burglar. Allegedly this guy broke into a home "buck naked". He ransacked the house, showered and cooked himself a meal. The home owner had a security surveillance system installed the month before. So the police have a nice clear picture of his face, tattoos and well everything else. But it's funnier to see the actual news clip so here's the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/33208681#33208681

Now go have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment