Monday, April 18, 2011

Andy Cohen must die!!

Who is Andy Cohen you ask? He is the man behind every "Real Housewives of......" on Bravo. Plus a plethora of other "reality" shows air via NBC Universal. The majority of these "reality stars" would probably perish once removed from their reality microcosm.

My wife seems to enjoy the "Real Housewives of..." series. To be honest every time one of these shows comes on I want to shoot myself in the head. I figure, I'd loose about the same number of brain cells. Now, I don't know anyone that behaves the way the "housewives" do and probably wouldn't associate with them if I did. I have never seen such self centered superficial cows as on these shows. If it weren't for their silicone, money and 6 degrees of separation. You would find these women turning tricks on a corner somewhere or working a pole at a local strip joint. Everything is a trauma, God forbid something not be centered on them or one of their spawn. There are very few profanities in my vocabulary that I withhold for sheer shock value. The "C" word is one. Yet every time these shows come on I must choke back the urge to scream it at the T.V.

Currently, Cohen is named as Executive or Co-producer in 7 Real Housewives franchises. Plus the spin off "Bethenny Getting Married?" and "Bethenny ever after". If you've ever seen Bethenny Frankel, she looks as though she's either a plastic surgery twin of Latoya Jackson or she's wearing female chimp make up from"The Planet of the Apes"


Don't get me wrong, I really don't bear Andy Cohen any malice, I understand that America will always be drawn to a freak show. Look at the talk show phenomena of the 80's & 90's. The parade of freaks on Jerry Springer, Maury, Montel, Jenny Jones or any of the other ringmasters every day. It's much like seeing a gruesome accident you have to look. Mr. Cohen does have some commendable shows to his credit. But it always reminds me of brownie points no matter how many you accrue one "oh shit" wipes the slate clean. 


Now please excuse me,  I have to go find some way to remove these shows from my cerebral cortex before they become permanently etched in my memory.  

No comments:

Post a Comment